I found a recipe that I knew my husband would love as soon as I saw the photo on Pinterest, Pizza Casserole! I found the original recipe at For Mamas and boy is my family thankful that I did. I changed and added a few things of course but here's my take on pizza casserole. Yum
1 bag of egg noodles
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 jar of marinara sauce
4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pound ground hamburger
1/2 pound ground sausage
1/2 package of pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Brown both hamburger and sausage (I did this separate so I could make sure both were fully browned). Once both are browned, mix together in a large bowl.
3. Boil egg noodles and drain.
The next steps are so similar to a lasagna that it should be more like a pizza lasagna.
Layer in a 13x9 in baking dish:
1. Thin layer of marinara.
2. Half of the egg noodles.3. Half of the meat.
4. The rest of the marinara sauce.
5. Rest of the noodles.
6. Half of the cheese.
7. Rest of the meat.
8. Half of the pepperoni.
8. The whole jar of pizza sauce (sprinkle pizza seasoning on top of this layer).
9. Rest of the cheese.
10. The remaining pepperoni.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before eating.
Trust me, your family is going to love this. Plus, the leftovers are just as fantastic.Pin It Now!