July 2, 2012

Strawberry Muffins.

Did you notice?

I don't know why I am even asking this. Of course you did notice, right? I'm talking about the blog redesign. I spent part of the afternoon yesterday making the blog look different. I prefer it much more like this than the photos I had on it before. I'm sure you do too so I won't worry.

Other than making my blog look different this weekend, I did make some strawberry muffins last night. They are flour, water, and milk free. They don't sound very good, but they are surprisingly tasty. I was able to spend a little bit of time last night baking to have breakfast for all week. Totally worth it if you ask me. Plus, I had some strawberries that were on the verge of either eat them now or throw them away soon so I had to use them up instead of wasting them.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal (uncooked!)
1 cup plain greek yogurt (I recently tried this not in a recipe and oh gosh, I'm not a fan, it's much better to cook with)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups diced strawberries
12 foil cupcake liners minus the paper liner (these will stick to any other type of cupcake liner because there is no flour, just the oatmeal)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin pan with the foil liners.
2. Place the oats in a blender and blend until they are smooth. This tooks just a few minutes for me on the chop setting of my blender. You need to do this to make sure the oats are a fine consitency similar to flour.

3. Mix in the rest of the ingredients (except the strawberries) until smooth.


4. Fold in 1 1/2 cup of the strawberries into the batter. Keep the remaining 1/2 cup of strawberries to top the muffins with.
5. Divide batter among cupcake liners.

6. Top with the remeaining 1/2 cup of strawberries. Bake 18-20 minutes.

These were very easy to make and well worth it for breakfast all week. The husband loved them (he's had 4 already) and Logan doesn't care for strawberries and these didn't convince him to start liking them. The one I brought in for breakfast is gone already!



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Those look SO GOOD! And I'm loving your blog design. Very cute. :-) Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete