And so you can make the cupcakes yourself, here is the recipe!
Lemon Cake Ingredients
1 box white cake mix
4 egg whites
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 3 lemons
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1-2 cups powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
8 oz softened cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4-5 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
|These are my go to favorite cupcake liners.|
|I always use a colander to sift anything with.|
4. Combine cake mix and wet ingredients and stir well.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake 15-18 minutes.
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients using a whisk. Add powdered sugar until your glaze reaches a cream consistency.
2. Use a toothpick to make holes in the top of each cupcake so the glaze goes through the whole cupcake.
3. Pour glaze over the warm cupcakes and let the glaze set.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
1. Beat butter and cream cheese for a few minutes. Add in vanilla extract and powdered sugar and continue to beat. Add yellow food coloring if desired.
Spread icing on the tops of the cupcakes. I like to decorate my cupcakes with sugar sprinkles and one white pearl on top.
And here they are. The lemon cupcakes in all their glory. Oh my, they are delicious. I wish I had more left!
Pin It Now!