I figured as I go through the planning process (which is going to get more intense as we get closer) I might as well track our trip here. It's an easy way for me to keep things organized plus have this to keep as a memory as well.
So now to figure out a budget. We want to make sure we don't spend more than we can afford on this trip (or any trip for that matter) and still end up having the best time possible. I'm a very frugal (ok, super cheap) person and like to keep vacation the same way.
When we went to Cabo last year, we did a great job at keeping things affordable. That was first of all thanks to the fact that the trip was paid for by Iggy's work. We only had to pay for souviners out of pocket. We kept those under $100. That was including a cab ride to San Jose, tipping the housekeeper, and souvineers for us, Logan, Iggy's family, and my dad. Pretty good, huh?
We never set a budget for our honeymoon because we really did not give ourselves time to even plan that out. We wanted to figure out something that wouldn't break the bank. Turns out after adding up all costs, we spent more than I even thought we had. Here's a breakdown of the honeymoon:
- $450-4 night cruise to the bahamas (all food on the cruise was included)
- $250-gas for the drive to and from Florida. We had stopped for gas a total of 5 times and ended up with a little left when we got home
- $180-cost of a new tire! Yes, we got a flat tire on the way to Florida and that cost us a pretty stinking penny. I still hate that tire on the car.
- $89-because of the flat tire, we had to spend the night in Tifton, Georgia at the Hilton. They gave us a good rate because of our situation. I'm still very thankful to have stayed there than the ran down Motel 6.
- $90-this covered all gratuity while on the cruise. It was nice to just have it billed to us instead of having to remember to leave cash whenever we had some food or to tip the housekeeping staff.
- $100-for food, snacks, and drinks during the drive. We ate mostly snacks from gas stations and did have some delicious food from a ChickFilA diner.
- $90-on souviners. We each got a shirt, Logan got a light up necklace, postcards, shot glass, something for Iggy's family, a photo, and a few other things.
- $50-cab rides, a drink on the beach, and dinner in Freeport.
Now, on to what I plan what we will spend in Disney. I'm scared of how quickly that number is going to increase once we are there. I guess we will have to just wait and see. Eek.Pin It Now!