November 21, 2011

I know I have a wedding in 1 week, 4 days, 10 hours and 17 minutes, but I cant help myself.

I should be focusing on the wedding and our never ending list of to do items, but right now I'm more in the Christmas spirit than wedding spirit. I can't help it, as soon as Halloween is over (I know, a lot of people hate that some skip Thanksgiving, but I'm one that skips it) I go straight into Christmas mode. I have all of our indoor decroations up already except our large tree. Tonight I will be hauling it up from the basement and putting it up but we won't be decorating until Tuesday night when Iggy is home.

I spent all day yesterday watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel and ABC Family. I love Jenny Mccarthy so I had a great time watching both of her Santa Baby movies and then two very touching (yes, I cried) Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. I have Christmas movies set to record as far out as our dvr will allow me at this time. Tonights plan? Watching Santa Paws with Logan! I've never seen it and he loves dogs so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a wonderful evening. I've already snuck in watching The Santa Clause with Logan and Iggy. Logan loved it and paid attention to the entire movie, which was his very first real life movie and not a cartoon.

We have all of Logan's shopping completed as well. It is nice to have it all done, but it's all finished at a late time in the year for me. I usually get his finished early so I have time to focus on all of the other gifts I need to get. I dont even have a list started of what to get who. I have a vague idea for a couple of people and that's it.

I've just really been thinking about the holidays this year and wanted to post about them. I'm also excited to celebreate Christmas Eve with my niece and nephew who I do not see very often. Logan really enjoys playing with them and they are coming over for the evening to eat dinner and open some presents at my house. I know Logan has been excited about it but more than anything, my niece Natalie has been talking about it since February! I really can't wait.

I've been trying to encourage no gifts for me and Iggy from each other mainly because we are spending so much on the wedding and then we are having the honeymoon. And we have so many expenses along the way that Christmas gifts seem crazy to get each one another at this point. Plus, I have a really great gift for him for the wedding that I hope he loves/wants/appreciates. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

It probably would be appropriate to have something in this post about the wedding, so here it goes. We have a long list of items we are doing tonight. I can't wait. We are finalizing our play/do not play songs for the reception and dinner. I'm getting out our suitcases and putting in our warm weather clothing and our passports and other items for the honeymoon. I'm going to do our slideshow (well as much of it as I can without adding music or the photos that Cassie took) for the rehearsal dinner. And no worries, we will not be having a slideshow at the wedding. I love them for everyones wedding, but I know that most people hate them and we figured it would be best if we didn't have one at our ceremony or reception. We are doing our first real seating chart since all guests have RSVP'd. I am going to assemble all church decorations that I have completed so far and prepare the rest of it to work on tomorrow while at work. That is a lot since we haven't done anything for awhile.

We are waiting on a large package for the guys shoes and Iggy's shoes. We got them black high top Converse to wear at the ceremony and reception as part of their present and we are waiting on Iggys Converse too since his are not sold in stores. And (not wedding related) I am still waiting on some nail polish I ordered over 5 business days ago. I chose 3-5 business day delivery so it should have been here by now. I wanted to wear it to my bachelorette party that was on Friday. I didn't get it by that night so I wore a pretty pink nail polish that Kelli let me borrrow.

Photo from here.
Next post? Of course a recap of the bachelor and bachelorette parties from this week. Warning though, that post my be a little bit photo heavy!Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment