October 18, 2011

Oh the fun at my bridal shower!

First I want to thank everyone who came to the bridal shower this weekend. It was a lot of fun and I felt very loved to have so many people there to take part on such a special day. It really made me feel like I was getting married! Haha. I know it might sound silly, but it's so hard to think that I'm getting married! We live together in a house we had built for us, have an amazing 4 year old son, and have been dating for almost 6 years! Eee!

But I wanted to share some photos, courtesy of bridesmaid Cassie!


We had a fun scrapbooking station set up for the guests to all get a chance to scrapbook some photos of me and Iggy going back as far as the 2nd time we had hung out! It was a lot of fun for me to watch those who had never scrapbook before give it a shot. The book turned out amazing and I love every page in it! We ended up chosing the best page out of the book for a prize and Melanie (where I actually got the idea from) won the gift! Her page was unbelieveable!


There was a hot chocolate bar for after dessert where guests could chose their own mug or tea cup to drink out of and keep as their favor. They had cute tags on them that said "fill me with something sweet. take me home as a treat". Kelli and Bonnie helped make the tags on Friday night. We had fun toppings to go with it as well. There was: whipped cream, peppermint sticks, nutmeg, vanilla and peppermint extract, and super cute diy sticks to stir with! I never got to pick out my own mug though! And we forgot to mention the hot chocolate bar earlier in the day so people knew about it! Oops!


These are the centerpieces for the tables! They were filled with skittles and gumballs and had candy inside the mason jars! Guests got to pick these to take home as well! We were lucky enough to end up with one at the end of the party! Yay!


Kelli made this wonderful sign to go on the dessert table! We had so many tasty treats to select from! And I didnt have to have a traditional bridal shower cake after all! More photos of that will come once I get them off my  camera!
Here is a sneak peek at the photos from the scrapbook! And the people in the background are hard at work on their pages! The page closest to this photo was the winner!

And here all of the wonderful ladies who helped make the day extra special! From making decorations, setting up, cleaning up, taking photos, helping with food, and much more! I gave them all a special note when they arrived and the matching headbands! They were made from a craft friend, her Etsy shot, Cute4Sale has some fun iteams always being added!

We had recieved so many wonderful gifts that have overtaken our living room at this point! Thank you again to everyone for the gifts! I will get started on your thank you notes this weekend! One very important gift I did recieve was from my aunt. She had written a very personal message in her card and then gave me a keychain photo of me when I was 2 years old. My parents had given it to my grandmother when they were taken. Then when my grandma passed away in 2006, my aunt recieved it. Now I have to keep. She talked about never forgetting who I am even after I become a wife. I may have cried. Lol. And once again when I read the card to Iggy that night.

And that's it for the shower, for now at least. I promise to keep up on the posts! And not have thirty days or so between them!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment