June 18, 2012

Treats for Father's Day!

For Father's Day, I decided to treat my husband to some delicious treats! This week I made three pretty delicious items. I'm so excited about them that I've taken photos of them. Enjoy!

Homemade snicker bars. Ok, these were delicious and were very easy to make. Yes, it took some time because you must let the layers cool before continuing but they were well worth it. And yes, the second photo is awful because my husband took it at work and put it on a cardboard box, and let them melt before taking a picture. I guess that's what I get for asking him to do it. Plus, I even used all store brand ingredients and they were delicious while saving a few dollars. I found the recipe from How Sweet It Is, please follow the link and make these.

Next I made peanut butter chocolate chip bacon cookies from Food Network and I was worried about these because I don't even like bacon for breakfast, but they were good. Iggy said they were pretty good and Logan loved them (huge deal since he doesn't even like peanut butter or peanuts). I am also not a good cookie baker. Honestly, I'm terrible at it. Just awful really. I didn't burn them and they had a good flavor.


And last was breakfast on Father's Day morning. I made some cinnamon rolls, goetta (since we didn't make it to Goettafest) and then these breakfast muffins. They were store bought biscuits that were rolled flat and stuff with cheese, scrambled eggs and bacon. They were more filling than I had expected because we would have been fine if I didn't make anything else. They even reheat and still taste great. I plan to make these in the morning as an on the go breakfast snack!Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment